READERS

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pie Diner & More to Come!

Last night I was laying in bed thinking about how summer is almost over and how much time I had before school starts. To stop all of my crazy thinking, I turned on the T.V. and of course nothing is on at midnight. So I go to my DVR and I see something that I have recorded and forgot to watch it. The show that I recorded was Unique Sweets on the cooking channel. I am in love with this show! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching it. The reason I love it so much is because I feel like my true calling is baking and the whole show is about baking different, fun, and crazy things. When I bake I feel relaxed and feel all warm inside. The best for me is baking for someone else. I love it, it makes me feel like I have really brightened up someones day!

So last night on Unique Sweets they were talking about pies! They went to all these fun pie places all over the country. It was so cool! While I was watching the show I got this urge to make a pie. I don't know if it was the weird herbal tea I was drinking or the anxiety for going back to school that was making all these thoughts go into my head. Of course I wasn't going to make a pie at midnight and I sure wasn't going to go get one, so I had to wait.  This morning my mom and I were talking and I brought up this idea to open up a pie shop! My mom thought it was a great idea and we kept talking about these ideas and all kinds of stuff. Of course in my head it was going to work out perfectly because I have all the money in the world. I am lying, I don't have all this money lying around to open up a pie shop! I mean its a great idea because there really isn't a place in Edmond where you can buy just pies! And my mom was thinking for it to be like a 50s Diner! Before I start rambling about how cute it will be and all the ideas we came up with, I will stop myself. OK so we can't start off in a building so I had the idea to start at the farmers market. It will be a great start to see if people will really buy them and hopefully come back the next week for more! If any of you steal my idea, I will find you and burn down your pie shop and then thank you for reading my blog! So anyway the farmers market is almost over, so that gives me and my mom plenty of time to master that art of pie making. Wish us luck! So with all of this trying and failing, I will be posting some of the pie recipes on here. Of course not all of them because I love you guys, but not enough for you guys to steal all of my pie recipes. So don't give up hope of me not posting anymore recipes. Trust me keep up with my blog or you will miss out on some great recipes! High Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment