READERS

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mother Daughter Adventure





This past weekend my mom and I took a girls trip to Dallas Texas. I had all this babysitting money that I had been saving and I wanted to buy some new clothes for school. We love going to Dallas because it feels like we are getting away even though it's only 3 hours away from home. It's great to go because it gives time for me and my mom to connect and talk. We have a ton of great memories when we come home and we have the best time. We normally go to north park mall because it has higher end stores and I think it is a better mall. This time I spent almost all my money in Anthropology! If any of you have been there or got to experience its awesomeness you know what I'm talking about.

taste of the inside
Anyway, while we are there we try to eat at places that we don't have in Edmond or that are unique little places. This time we went to this awesome place that we found online. It is called Rise No. 1 and it is the best place in the world! It has the best environment and unique things in this place it is un real. They are known for their AMAZING souffles. They have other things but you want their souffles! Unfortunately we forgot our camera and I was going to bring it so I could take pictures of this crazy food to show you guys but I found some pictures online to give you a little sneak peek.
I'm going to give you a play by play on our great meal.

First when you step in there are a ton of people and we went for dinner so the lights were dimmed. The tables all over to  just fit all these people. You can eat outside or inside, we choose not to sweat in the 108* Texas heat. But I'm sure its fabulous in the fall and spring. So their is a chandelier made out of wine glasses and trees in the restaurant. I could go on and on about the decor but I'm going to get to the food part. So we sit down and look at the menu, and our waitress comes over and we ask her what to get. She recommended to get an appetizer because the souffles take about 20 min. to make so we can order our souffle and appetizer that the same time so we wont be waiting forever. She said she would get the marshmallow soup for an appetizer. My mom and I looked at each other and said OK we'll give it a shot! And at the same time we ordered our souffle, I got herb and spicy sausage and my mom got sun dried tomato and pesto.  We got the marshmallow soup and it turned out to be tomato and basil soup with 3 goat cheese marshmallows! It was so goood!!!!! We practically licked to bowl clean! Our souffles were wonderful as well!! So yummy and so rich with flavor! For dessert we got a AMAZING bread pudding souffle!!!! It was heaven in a bowl!!! They brought it out to you and they poke a hole in the top and our this yummy cream inside and it puffs up even more!!! Its crazy! I was so crazy about this place that I bought their cookbook! I'm going to try to master the art of souffles! Wish me luck! :) So if you are ever in Dallas Texas please, I beg you, GO to Rise No. 1!!!!! You can also go online and look at their menu and pictures of all the amazing food!!!


marshmallow soup!

the bread pudding souffle!!!

Our souffles looked like this!

Bought this cookbook!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment