Sit'n Knit Yummies
Also known as Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf
For the loaf you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (about 2 lemons worth)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed and rinsed
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom and sides of one 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.(I put parchment paper on the bottom of loaf pan because it tends to stick! Hate it when that happens, don't you?)
- When the syrup is done, poke little holes in the top of the loaf with a tooth pick. Brush the syrup onto the loaf and all around the sides. Do that twice. You will have plenty of the syrup left over. Let the loaf cool completely.
|FOLD the blueberries into the batter.|
|Loaf with the syrup!|
The dog wags his tail, not for you, but for your bread.
Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven.