READERS

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey Hangover...

Happy late Thanksgiving everybody! I hope everyone got to see their loved ones over the break. I don't know about you, but I had WAY too much to eat. I literally felt ill after eating our amazing lunch. My Nana cooked and of course she packet us left overs to take and not only did I gain 5 lbs. just from eating that one day, I gained another 5 from eating two days after Thanksgiving. It will be awsome hitting the gym on Monday...

So last Sunday we had our weekly D.D.D. If you dont know what that is I'll clue you in. Every Sunday my family and my Dad's brother's family eat together and watch Dexter..(Dexter, Dinner, & Drinks..get it) Anyway, we switch off houses every week and last Sunday I was at my house. When D.D.D. is at your house, you make the Dinner and provide Drinks and watch Dexter on your T.V. Hopefully you caught on by now.

So back to my house.... I made bruchetta as an appetizer and I experimented and made a new bread. My mom also made fantastic pasta (I'll share with you later) and we had baked apple crisp for dessert from my Aunt Rene. I have made bruchetta a million times and so I thought I would finally share it.

Bruchetta
  • 6 to 7 plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 French baguette
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
Get a medium bowl and set a side. Chop the tomatoes, mince the garlic and add the EVOO into the bowl. Then, add balsamic vinegar, chopped basil, and salt and pepper. Put a lid on the bowl or put some covering over it and set in the fridge so the ingredients can mature together. Cut the French baguette into about 1/2 inch peices and set aside. Heat a skillet over medium to high heat. coat both sides of the bread with olive oil and put in the hot pan until each side is golden brown and the set a side. After you are done with the bread, you can top the bread with the tomato mixture and serve. This recipe is awsome and super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment