READERS

Sunday, December 11, 2011

ACT Tacos

This morning, of all mornings was the fabulous and terrifying ACT. It was my first time taking it and I was really nervous. My plan was to go in blind and see what I get, then take the class and study. Well lets just say I will be taking it again for sure. I felt good during everything except for the science part. I mean really do I really need to be comparing graphs on rocks and erosion?!?! If you can't tell by my choice of punctuation, I had NO idea what was happening with that whole section of that test. So my Saturday started off not to the best start, but then it got worse because my mom and I decided to go to the mall. It didn't ocure to us that it is about 2 weeks until Christmas! 25 MINUTES TO FIND A PARKING SPOT! So I was having a bad day until my mom said I could make dinner! That always makes my day better. So I decided to make shrimp tacos! I found this recipe online and we just finished eating it. I feel like I just ate a whole....something that makes you feel sick. Anyway, this recipe is really yummy and a little on the spicy side, but you can always tame it down a little bit.

Chipotle Shrimp Tacos!!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 pounds large cooked shrimp- peeled deveined, and cut in half
  • 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
  • 12 corn tortillas
  • 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • salt to taste
Directions:
  1. In a large, deep skillet fry the bacon over medium- high heat until evenly brown. Drain the bacon fat. Add the onions to the pan with the bacon and cook 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Stir the shrimp and chipotle chiles; cook 4 minutes or until heated through.
  2. Heat tortillas on an ungreased skillet over medium high heat for 10 to 15 seconds. Turn and heat the other side. Fill the heated tortillas with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro, lime juice, and salt. You can also add avocado, cheese, sour cream! SUPER YUMMY!!!

1 comment: