READERS

Friday, January 6, 2012

Like a Good Neighbor

I hope everybody had an excellent Christmas/New Years! Mine was fantastic and I'm back in school and hating it!
When New Years comes by many people as you know make New Years resolutions. I made one for myself and it is to get through P90X. I finally got the courage to order it this week, so it is on its way as we speak(or blog chat). I'm nervous to see whats its like. I don't mean to sound narcissistic but I work out and I would say I'm fit, but may people say its harder than it seems.....
So enough with the healthy plans....on to the real stuff, FOOD!
Over the break I get really bored toward the end because THERE IS NOTHING TO DO! So when I'm bored I do what everyone does...bake something! I wanted to make something yummmy, but I didn't want to eat it so I decided to take it to our neighbor! I decided to make a peanut butter pie! My neighbor informed me that this pie is AMAZING and I trust her because it smelled like heaven and I took a lot of will power for me not to stick a fork into it and just start eating it!
The Giving Pie
peanut butter pie

1 9in. pie crust
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 TBS peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter M&M's
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350*

Place prepared pie crust in a 9in. greased pie pan and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well.
Add eggs, vanilla. Mix until combined. BY HAND stir in the peanut butter M&M's and chocolate chips. After you have mixed the two final ingredients, pour the batter into the prepared pie crust.
Bake for about 45 min. or until the middle is firm. DO NOT over bake it! The pie will look a little darker on top, but DO NOT let it go in the oven for too long! Let it set for at least an hour.
Serve with some ice cream or put in a basket and deliver it to your neighbor!

It looks like a cookie on the top,yum


Try a random act of kindness, make this pie and deliver it to someone you think needs it. You wont believe how good it feels to do something good for someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment