READERS

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Little Adventure

A couple weeks ago my mom and I went to the Asian market! Sounds exciting doesn't it?! Well it is! We were on a mission, a mission for RICE PAPER!!! My mom and I have looked EVERYWHERE in Edmond for rice paper and we hadn't found any! I wanted to recreate these spring rolls Target sells in the deli section. I discovered them a couple months ago and I crave them all the time now! I found a recipe and all I needed was the rice paper, so we were at our braking point until my dad suggested the Asian market! I got so excited and a couple of hours later my mom and I found ourselves in the middle of the biggest, who knew it was there, Asian market. The market was HUGE and I couldn't believe this magical place was here this whole time. I felt like a kid in a candy store. My mom and I were lost, so we asked this really nice old Asian man, whos barely spoke any English, to help us find the rice paper. He quietly walked over one aisle and pointed down this whole aisle with rice paper and rice noodles. I almost peed my pants I was so excited!

Classic Spring Rolls
yields 8 spring rolls

20 large cooked shrimp, cut in half
1 package of lettuce
Thia basil
cilantro
rice noodles
lime juice
8 rice paper sheets

Dip the sheets in the water one at a time. First put down the cut in half shrimp(about 4 per roll), then the lettuce, Thia basil, cilantro cooked rice noodles, and lime juice. Roll the little sides in, then the bigger sides. They will stick and so you need to do it right the first time. Repeat these steps until you are out of sheets.


Dip you spring rolls into sweet chili sauce (at target in the Asian aisle) or soy sauce.
These are SUPER easy and very yummy of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment