READERS

Monday, July 25, 2011

Lemon Curd

I really love lemon and I mean I love it! One of my favorite things to do is go to this restaurant/bakery with my youth minister Megan and get a lemon square! We both love them and they are fantastic. So if you are ever in Edmond Oklahoma, go to Mclaren's Pantry and order a lemon square. They are perfectly put together and topped with a thick layer of powdered sugar! My stomach is growling just think about it.
The other day I was looking through some recipes and came across a lemon curd recipe. I quickly looked at the recipe and began taking a mental note of what was needed for the recipe. I was so happy because I had everything for the recipe and didn't have to take a trip to the store.

Lemon Curd
Put on bread or a blueberry scone
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup Cane sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 tbsp. butter
pinch of salt

Place a mesh strainer over a bowl and set aside.

In a medium sauce pan put the lemon juice, sugar, eggs, eggs yolks, & salt and whisk together. After you whisk those together put the butter in the mixture and put over low to medium heat. Stir until the butter has melted.

After the butter has melted turn the heat up just a tiny tiny bit and whisk constantly. You will whisk this until the mixture is thick almost jelly like. You can tell when its done when you lift the whisk out of the pan and its thick and sticks to the whisk and it holds its shape. It took me a little over 10 min. Be patient, it will happen. Don't increase the heat, that will not help you. Just keep the faith that it will happen.

 

Immediately after it is done run it through the strainer that was sitting aside. Some of it you will have to push through. Keep it in the fridge. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment