READERS

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Love of My Life

OK, OK I know what you're thinking "The love of her life!!! WHAT!" No, No I have not found the love of my life yet. I have found PEANUT BUTTER!!! It's not THE love of my life, but its pretty far up there on my list of favorite foods! I feel bad for the people who are deathly allergic to peanuts.:( I'm very sorry but if you aren't, I'm about to share a recipe with you that is heaven in a jar!
Yesterday as I got home from the lake I had an idea. I was watching my dad make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and it clicked in my brain as I was licking my dad's used peanut butter knife. And I know what you're thinking, licking a knife is very unlady like. But I was in the comfort of my own home and I was exhausted and sunburned from the lake and I felt like I needed a little treat. Anyway, I'm a crunchy fan not creamy. My dad is also a crunchy fan and all we had in the house was creamy. I mean I'll eat creamy, but crunchy is still my favorite. So I thought I will make my very own crunchy peanut putter! And then I thought some more, I will make Honey Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter! I was very excited, if you couldn't tell.

Molly's very own Honey Roasted Crunchy Peanut Butter
Original recipe from Ashley Rodriguez- notwithoutsalt
                              12 ounces roasted, Spanish peanuts
                              1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
                              1 tablespoon honey
                              1/4 cup canola oil
                               a tiny bit of pure vanilla

First put the peanuts in the oven on a baking sheet. Put the oven on about 200 and watch very close so you get the right roast you want. After you get them out of the oven, let them cool and take off all the red skin on the peanuts.
Place the peanuts, honey, salt, and vanilla in the food processor and pulse together. After a little bit of pulsing put the canola oil in the food processor while it's going. Then you can determine how creamy or CRUNCHY you want it. I think you know by now I like the extra crunch in the peanut butter. After you blend it together take the butter out of the processor and put it in a jar. Store in the refrigerator up to two months. Trust me, it will not last that long if you are a peanut butter lover like me.

I used the Spanish peanuts because they are good and they have great flavor after roasting in the oven. I like to keep them in there for a while so they get that yummy rich flavor, but not burned of course. You can also just buy peanuts all ready roasted and salted, just don't roast them and don't salt them. Just skip to the food processor part. I hope all you peanut butter fans enjoy this fabulous piece of heaven!



No comments:

Post a Comment