READERS

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Little Italy in Oklahoma???

Yesterday I was on my FAVORITE website on and of food! Notwithoutsalt!! I love Ashley Rodriguez! All the wonderful food she makes is inspiring and yummy:) Anyway, I saw a recipe for pizza! I love pizza and I thought why not. So I made the dough a day before and I had my wonderful mother go to the store today while I was babysitting! I made a muffaletta pizza, roasted asparagus egg & prosciutto pizza, and a pizza with onions, mushrooms mozzarella rosemary pizza! They were amazing. I'm not going to lie, it was very time consuming and a sensory overload. Most of the reason why is because I decided to make all three pizzas at once! But it was all worth it. As I was sitting there scarfing down my piece, I thought to myself how can this pizza be so good, but have no sauce??? If you didn't all ready know this, most pizzas in Italy do not have sauce, who knew! I feel like I have found the key to my pizza making ability! All this time I thought you had to have sauce...... you don't and it's even better without it! After I was done eating, even now, I feel like I have gained 20 lbs just by eating two pieces! They were very filling and if I could stuff one more piece down my thought I would have! You have to try this recipe! even if you go out and buy an pre-made pizza dough, do it and try these! Please, you will thank me forever that I brought these recipes into your life!

Roasted Asparagus, Egg, & Prosciutto Pizza

olive oil
roasted asparagus(drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 10 min at 400)
2-3 oz fresh mozzarella, torn into nickle size pieces
3 eggs
2oz high quality prosciutto
sea salt and pepper
freshly grated parmigiano

preheat oven for 45min with pizza stone inside , to 500-550 degrees

With your dough create 12" round. Place on flour dusted pizza stone or baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and breakup mozzarella onto the pizza dough, add roasted asparagus. Slide pizza into oven and bake for 3 min. Open the oven and quickly crack the eggs in three different places on the pizza. Put it back into the oven until the egg's yolk is semi-soft yolk or to your liking. take out of the oven and put parmigiano over top of pizza them lay the prosciutto on top of it all! You're welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment