READERS

Monday, June 13, 2011

One Good Cookie

As I explained earlier I have an impulse for cooking sometimes and tonight I made oatmeal shortbread cookies! They were different from another cookie I have ever tasted. My taste testers (dad,mom&brother) said they have never tasted a cookie like this and they loved them! They are so unique that I decided I must share them with you!

oatmeal shortbread cookies!
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tb. white sugar
1 yolk
1 tsp. salt
1 Tb. vanilla extract
3/4 cup ground oatmeal(this can be done in a blender or food processor)
1 cup flour

*preheat oven to 350
Cream the butter and the sugars until light. Add the yolk and salt. Scrape down the sides of bowl. Stir in the vanilla. Add the ground oatmeal and flour. Stir just enough to combine the ingredients. Roll into a log and wrap with plastic wrap and put in the fridge to chill.
Slice the chilled log into 1/4" discs or a round cutter(like I did), put on parchment paper or spray with non stick spray and bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly brown on the edges.
Let the cookies coll completely and serve with your favorite ice cream!  original recipe from-Ashley Rodriguez





The final product in the oven!Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment